Friday, 3 September 2010

To the weekend and the sun!

And here we are again, another weekend is upon us but what to do and what’s brought us here?

Well, we’ve had a week of politicians being accused of being gay and books that are tipped for the top. We were also supplied with the identity of The Stig and the divorce of Cheryl Cole and Ashley – which according to some papers took only a second!

It seems a little sad for Top Gear that their beloved creation - the character of a ‘tame racing driver’ has been plunged into oblivion with the news that Ben Collins, a former Formula Three driver and movie stunt driver was behind the helmet. Sadder still that they are rumored to have kicked Ben out of the white suit!

As for speculations about the sexuality of William Hague, I believe it all stems from reports that he shared a room with another employee but who hasn’t done that..? And has anyone stopped to look whether any other party members shared sleeping quarters? I’m not particularly partial to any party – the classic floating voter – but I do feel a little sorry for Hague…these reports have lead to him disclosing key personal information which I’m sure he would have rather kept to himself…unfortunately it also means that if his marriage ever does breakdown the stories will resurface. Life in the public means nothing will ever be forgotten...especially now that everything can be digitally saved.

I’ll reserve judgment on the book until I’ve read it.

So to the weekend I hear you cry…well after 2 hours sleep our intrepid designer was due on set at 6am this weekend and I’ve been told that the journey was just as accident prone as usual! Me on the other hand…after a quiet week in all respects I’m hoping for a loud weekend and the start of the new gym program.

I’ll be back with some stories when I’ve consulted the troops!

No comments:

Post a Comment